Sauer Compressors is a group of companies of German origin with fourteen international subsidiaries. The company was founded over 140 years ago and has more than 90 years of experience in compressed air technology. Sauer USA, located in Stevensville, MD, is an affiliate of J.P. Sauer & Sohn, headquartered in Kiel, Germany.
Sauer Compressors USA specializes in the manufacturing of medium and high-pressure air and gas compressors for naval, commercial maritime, offshore, research & development, and demanding industrial applications. In addition to air, Sauer Compressors are saturated in the CNG, N2, He, Hydrogen, and inert gas markets.
Rated for continuous duty, all compressors have been field-tested in the most demanding applications and extensively refined to provide true 24/7 reliability supported by the Sauer Lifetime Warranty. With a reputation for reliability and life cycle product support, Sauer Compressors is the global leader in the medium and high-pressure compressor markets.
Industries worldwide rely on Sauer piston compressors for pressures of up to 7,250 PSI to control processes and production using high-pressure air or gas. In addition to the defense and shipping markets, Sauer Compressors provides innovative designs and packages to the following major industrial markets and specialty applications:
- Nitrogen Generation & Boosting (i.e., laser cutting, N2 storage, system purging)
- Motion Compensation for Oil Rigs
- Seismic Survey
- Helium recovery/storage
- Gas-Assisted Injection Molding
- Power Generation (spark arresting, turbine start-up, control air)
- Diesel (& Emergency Diesel) Starting
- Dockside Air
- Burst Testing
- Turbine Engine Afterburner Testing
- Heat Treatment Processing (helium gas compression)
- Hydrogen compression
- Natural Gas Compression
- Oil-Free Compression
- Pharmaceutical or Hospital Air
- Gas Recovery (SF6)
- Gas Compounds (N2, O2, H2, CO2, R-Gas, He, & More)
- Specialty Gas Mixtures
Worldwide, Sauer Compressors USA and J.P. Sauer & Sohn Maschinenbau GmbH currently supplies HPACs to:
- 51 Navies
- 186 Naval Programs
- Over 1200 Naval Ships
- Maintains 80% market share worldwide in naval applications
- Maintains 30% market share worldwide in commercial shipbuilding applications
Sauer Compressors is ISO-9001 Certified. Our inspection process has been qualified to U.S. Department of Defense MIL-I-45208A requirements. Our parent company, J.P. Sauer and Sohn, is ISO 9001 certified.
COMPLIANCE WITH CLASSIFICATION SOCIETY STANDARDS
Sauer Compressors USA Inc. equipment is type approved by all major classification societies (ABS, Lloyds, GL, DNV, etc.). Most of our military grade compressors are shock tested to US Navy Grade A shock requirements.