CO2 – Carbon Dioxide Oil-Free Compressors
Examples of applications with oil-free CO2 compressors:
- In the beverage industry for CO2 enrichment
- In breweries
- Food and pharmaceutical industries as solvents in the supercritical state above 870 psi. For example, to remove caffeine from tea or coffee.
- As natural refrigerant with a heat pump. Relatively high pressures of more than 100 bar are required for this application.
- Storing excess electrical energy in the form of natural gas, which is synthetically produced from carbon dioxide and hydrogen. The carbon dioxide can come, for example, from a biogas upgrading plant and the hydrogen from an electrolysis plant. Thus, the synthetically produced methane can be stored in the natural gas network.
Thanks to their oil-free, dry-running and gas-tight design, HAUG compressors are ideal for many CO2 applications.
- no gas contamination by oil
- technically tight, in operation and at standstill
Please download the HAUG company profile and specific compressor data sheets for more information.