Every ship should have one!
International shipping with its stringent requirements for quality and reliability is Sauer’s traditional area of activity.
Our starting and working air compressors have proven their reliability in this demanding market. Thanks to ongoing development, they are among the most modern and most economic compressors in the world.
In particular, the 3-stage air-cooled starting air compressors provide a significant contribution to the modern shipping concept compared with the traditional 2-stage water-cooled compressors. With these products, Sauer has become one of the leading suppliers of compressors for shipping and offshore technology.
Our quality sets the standard throughout the world.
2 Stage Air-Cooled Starting Air Compressor
Today, the principle of air cooling is an international shipbuilding standard concerning starting air compressors of less than 50 scfm. Back in the 50s, Sauer had already started the development of air-cooled compressors in this capacity range as an alternative to water-cooled units which are in general high maintenance and more prone to failure. Today, Sauer’s 2-stage air-cooled starting air compressors are among the most modern and low maintenance compressors available worldwide. More than a thousand of these dependable compressors are delivered to our customers each year.
General advantages include:
- Low installation costs due to absence of cooling water circuit
- Light-weight and less space required for installation
- High performance valves, friction-free operation for long maintenance intervals
- Integrated flexible coupling, low-maintenance
- Reliable and safe to operate in ambient temperatures of up to 140° F
- Suitable for even the most difficult ambient conditions
3 Stage Air-Cooled Starting Air Compressor
Today the 3-stage air-cooled compressors have established themselves as a benchmark for modern and cost effective starting-air compressors. By the partition of the total compression into 3 stages and 3 cylinders the general advantages of air-cooled compressors could also be used for compressor capacities above 50 scfm.
Less temperature due to lower stage pressure ratio!
- Compression ratio divided into 3 stages
- Lower compression temperatures in cylinders and valves achieved
- Standard for international shipping
Less maintenance cost due to longer maintenance intervals!
- Extended life of valves (up to 4,000 hours) due to lower compression temperatures
- Reduced crew costs due to simple, uncomplicated maintenance
- No corrosion or water leakages
Less installation cost due to no cooling water system!
- No cooling water lines, fittings or control system
- No interface for cooling water required
- Higher reliability and easier control and supervision of the compressor