Natural Gas Oil-Free Compressors
Natural gas is a naturally occurring gas that consists mainly of methane. Methane can also be produced by treating biogas. Alternatively, methane can also be prepared by synthesis from carbon dioxide and hydrogen. For example, with surplus electricity, hydrogen is produced first and in a second step natural gas, to store the energy in the natural gas network.
Natural gas is the most environmentally friendly combustion gas after hydrogen. A major advantage of natural gas is the existing infrastructure in the form of pipelines, natural gas networks and filling stations for vehicle refueling.
For environmental reasons, it is important to prevent gas leaks and use gas-tight systems. Methane is 25 times more harmful than CO2 and accounts for around 20% of the greenhouse effect caused by humans.
Examples of applications with natural gas compressors:
- Application as leakage gas compressor for the recovery of leaks
- Application as a booster for increasing the pressure of an existing natural gas network pressure, for
- example for use as fuel gas in the surface coating
- Application as a booster for charging gas engines
- Use in the synthetic production of natural gas from hydrogen (power-to-gas)
- Application for storing natural gas for vehicle refueling
Thanks to their oil-free, dry-running and gas-tight design, HAUG compressors are ideal for many natural gas applications.
- no gas contamination by oil
- technically tight, in operation and at standstill
Please download the HAUG company profile and specific compressor data sheets for more information.
Download the Haug Company Profile Brochure Here
You must be logged in to post a comment.